Friday, September 13, 2013

Fear on Friday the 13th

    (That's my cat George Jones exploring in the background)

I want to start by stating that it's nice to be posting this from my hammock on a Friday afternoon! I am currently interning at the middle school to be an art teacher, and one thing I have noticed is this state of fear students face. When does this occur? Every child usually loves art, and makes things with pride, but there is a point where they start to think their work isn't good,(when a lot of times it is) and they also think they aren't able or skilled enough to do certain things. How do we keep this moment from happening? In our adult lives we suffer from this also; like I'm scared to talk to that person, cause what if I say sounds dumb? We fear so much, and it's a beautiful thing to throw it to the wind and start doing things without fear. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting we all just jump off a cliff or dress like lady Gaga, but loose fear that keeps us from learning and figuring things out. After all, wasn't that the best part of being a child? 
-Meg
      This weekend, use some crayons...

No comments:

Post a Comment