Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dead Squirrel Morning

So, woke up to check on the squirrel this morning, only to find him dead. Apparently the heating pad has an auto cut off and he got too cold. Made me sad but I had to quickly get over it, to keep from letting my emotions get the best of me. Moving on, I have been working on new things for our local farmer's market, and decided to take a shot at these concrete planters you see tons of tutorials on all over the place. They are actually quite easy, and turn out really great. This has now stirred another idea, that as soon as I create I will be posting on here. 
Think anyone would buy these? I oddly find digging this moss out of the ditch in front of my house super fun. It's crazy I was thinking about this student in art class that is really good at drawing, yet he has cut a pasted images in no rhyme or reason to put in his theme book for 2 weeks now. At first it frustrated me to see him wasting his time and skill on this. But then I thought; don't we all want to to just cut and paste sometimes? As an artist I always feel like I need to be making super fantastic works. When sometimes I just want to make simple things, that require little thought. Cutting and pasting is necessary at times. Goodnight. 
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment