Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Creature

So today something rare happened; I actually had some free time so I decided to spend it in my hammock. After lying there for a while I hear what I think is a bird chirping in the bushes, and my cat Elvis is trying to attack it. As I get closer to try and save the pitiful bird I realize it is a tiny baby squirrel. I finally get him after smacking my cat with a stick, and then trying to get my dog Levi to spit the tiny squirrel out(he likes to keep tiny furry animals in his mouth, he never hurts them, just hold them in there) eventually I received him. He is the cutest!!! 
I realize he has a few scrapes so I call the vet to see what to do. I go to the local tractor supply and buy him some formula. I realize while I'm in the store that I have an animal problem. I can't go knowing that some little animal is suffering or alone. I need help. So now I'm stuck with this tiny little squirrel(he really is sooo cute) until otherwise. So now he is resting on a heating pad , getting syringe fed, and just livin' it up. 
Maybe I can find someone to take him in...if I can give him up. I feel like Snow White or some other dang animal lovin' Disney character. Ugh, what an uneventful, unglamorous life I live.  

Any squirrel raising advice is welcome.
-Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment