Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I need a vacation.

Lately I have been super busy. I had an open house for my studio, and then helped put together a mini music festival in my town. A small group of us meet weekly and planned it all out. We had no money basically for decor so it was all DIY. I am currently interning with the art teacher at the middle school so we painted rocks with positive sayings on them for weeks. The high school was awesome enough to chip in also. We lined the paths and stage with these guys.

We also painted the end of sticks and strung them from the trees. For lighting we borrowed lamps from our local habitat for humanity restore. We also created light pods from chicken wire and covered them with tissue paper and mod podge...boom a cheap really awesome light source when you stick a battery operated light under them.

We lit the pathway with brown bag luminaries for a dreamy October effect. 
Onto the important stuff, the music! My husband's band A Den of Thieves  opened up, followed by The Volks. The headliner is a band called AdronDo yourself a favor and check them out.
It was so dreamy.







But now I am exhausted. October is my favorite month and I haven't really been able to enjoy it from being so busy. I need a vacation, preferably in Tennesee. I find myself just wanting to examine nature the older I get, and I am constantly amazed by it. I received a paper white plant in a mason jar from my cousin last year. It bloomed, then died off so I sat the jar outside an forgot about it since I could get the bulb to come out. I was outside a few nights ago and saw something green sprouting out if it. And bam, a little tiny baby paper white family.



 

 God is so amazing in all that he creates. I am craving simplicity in life.
Maybe soon I will find it. 

"You belong among the wildflowers,
You belong on a boat out at sea.
You belong with your love on your arm,
You belong somewhere you feel free."
-Tom Petty. 
Saw him once, but had a panic attack in the crowd and had to leave...ha. I missed freaking Tom Petty.
-Meg








 

No comments:

Post a Comment