Sunday, October 6, 2013

Chickpea Salad!

There are some things that come along that you get hooked on, and chickpea salad from Publix was one of them when I traveled to UWF during the week. There isn't a publix where I live so I started making my own, and I am obsessed with it. I usually make a big batch on Sunday evening and eat on it all week. I never measure anything so I am going to try my best on the measurements. You can exclude anything you may not want to put in here.
    
Chickpea Salad-

2 cans chickpeas
1 can of black beans
2 carrots
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 avacado
1 cup non GMO edamame
I head cauliflower
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup feta
1/4 cup pecans
2 tbsp cumin
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
Salt & pepper
 
Chop up all of the veggies to bite size and add in everything else, stir, and enjoy!
This makes about 10 servings, so it can be cut in half if needed. Also, I add in fresh herbs when I can.

Hope you like it as much as I do!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment