Saturday, October 5, 2013

DIY Halloween Decor

Hello! I have been super busy lately trying to turn an empty room into an art gallery, somehow with the help of my wonderful friends and family I pulled it off in a week! We had an open house and I was so proud of what I accomplished! 
Some of the local art displayed in the loft. 
Pottery by Larry Manning.
Though it was fun, it was super exhausting and when I finally stopped, I realized it was my favorite month! So I decided to break out my little box of Halloween decor, and figured I would create a few more things of my own. Everything was simple to make! 

1. This is a black champagne bottle, with black lace wrapped around the base, and I simply stuck an orange taper candle in the top. You may have to share around the edges to get the candle to stick in the bottle. Also, spray painting any wine bottle black would work just as well.
2. Halloween banner- this was simply printed from a font that I downloaded here http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=Kg+a+little+swag . I then cut out each letter and taped ribbon to the back.
3. Specimen jar- this is an old mason jar that I put an old wasp nest in (be sure all of them are dead!!!) there has been one hanging by my front door for months. Anything odd would work in here though, rubber eyeballs, plastic spiders with fake spiderwebs, etc. 
4. Vintage Halloween Pin Up wall- I have spent hours looking at old Halloween photography, and in your spare time, you should do the same, so many odd, creepy, and awesome things out there! These were just found pin up photos that I printed and drew a black border around. I then used the sticky lock tite putty to hang them in my bathroom. 
5. Creepy Vintage Halloween costume photos. These were done the same as the pin ups, but I added black lace to the wall as the background. 
Hope you have as much fun with Halloween as I do, plus the fall air here in Bama is so nice. There's a tropical storm on the way but it's perfect today! 
-Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment